Facts About Trumpcare Plans (Short Term Health Insurance Plans) You Need To Know For The 2018 And 2019 Open-Enrollment
- Trumpcare (short term health insurance) does not have to provide coverage even if you have a pre-existing condition. If you have a serious health issue, or if you weigh more than 300lbs, you will likely not qualify for a short term health insurance plan.
- Short Term Health Insurance Plans (Trumpcare) typically cost about 30% to 40% of major medical plan that complies with the ACA (Obamacare). For example, the average 30 year old male in Florida (non-smoker) would have to pay approximately $300 to $400 a month for an ACA (Obamacare) plan. A short term health insurance plan from either United Healthcare Short Term Health Insurance, or National General Health Insurance, would cost approximately $90 to $110 a month.
- Trumpcare plans do not provide coverage for maternity and prenatal care. If you are expecting, or plan on expecting, then a short term health insurance plan is likely not a fit for you.
- Short-Term Health Insurance plans, especially plans from larger and more well established insurance carriers like National General and United Healthcare, will provide you with the same level of access to doctors, hospitals and urgent care facilities, as a major medical (Obamacare) plan will. In fact, with respect to the two previously mentioned carriers, UHC and National General, there are some areas where you will actually have more options with respect to doctors and hospitals than with an Obamacare plan.
- Short Term Health Insurance plans are now no longer, “short term” as they were recently changed and approved by the government to be used year round. Unless you live in the state of Connecticut, you can have a twelve month policy term under a short term health insurance policy. Short-term plans were previously limited to three months per policy term.
- You will not have to pay the tax penalty for not having health insurance under Obamacare if you obtain a Trump-care (short term health insurance) plan. Officially, as of 2019, the Obamacare tax penalty is no longer being enforced.
- You will be allowed to bundle-in additional insurance products and services like dental, vision, disability, accidental, as well as some others. Some additional products would provide coverage in the event you had a significant deductible because you were hospitalized. While these services are in fact of value, some of which can be critical to help pay for out of pocket expenses like deductibles and co-pays, there is an additional cost for them.
Who Uses Trump-Care (Short Term Health Insurance) Instead Of Obamacare?
Here’s a list of some of the most common consumer profiles for whom short term health insurance provides value at an affordable cost.
- Young Professionals With Active Lifestyles
- Women and Men Between 55 and 64. Highest cost tier for health insurance coverage, pre-medicare age.
- Single individuals who earn above $40,000 a year.
- Couples who earn more than $75,000 a year.
- College Students who don’t have coverage through a parents plan.
- Individuals with objections to ACA plans inclusion of contraception coverage.
Want To Explore Your Options With Or Without Trumpcare?
By using the form below you will be connected with one of two different highly trusted and vetted health insurance carrier quotes. Either United Healthcare, or National General. Here is what we believe is really excellent about that. Both companies will provide you with detailed quote information, not only on Trumpcare plans, short term health insurance, but on Obamacare plans as well. Both National General and United Healthcare are excellent, well-established companies, with a long track record, and a focus on doing right by the consumer. If you are not a fit for a short term health insurance plan, they’ll tell you that directly. If you are only interested in an Obamacare plan, either National General or UHC Short Term Health Insurance, will be happy to assist you in enrolling in one of those plans.
Have Questions? Use Our Toll Free Number To Speak With A licensed Health Insurance Professional. You’re not under any obligation to purchase anything, and we respect your privacy and rights as a consumer. Our goal is helping Americans bypass the negative parts of signing up for health insurance coverage.
Trumpcare.com is powered by HealthNetwork – A Company that has been helping more than 15 million American households on an annual basis safely shop their health insurance options.